Does my landlord have a cause to terminate my tenancy? 6 Answers as of October 14, 2013

My landlord is kicking me out because I won't tell on people who live in the apartments who have animals or has a lot of traffic.

Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
If you are on a month-to-month rental agreement, the landlord can give you a notice to quit, just like you can give one to the landlord. The only exceptions would be if there is an issue regarding the habitability of your rental unit which you brought to the landlord's attention, or if the landlord is retaliating against you for a complaint to a governmental agency.
If it is the of your term of lease, so be it. If it is not, and you are current on all of your obligations under the lease you may have rights.
William Bidwell, Attorney at Law | Bill Bidwell
Your landlord cannot evict you for that reason if you have a written lease. If you have no written lease, then either party can terminate tenancy with 30 days notice. How does your landlord know that you know about other tenants' living habits? Additionally, you are not your landlord's paid watchdog.
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
If you are a month to month tenant your right to occupy can be terminated on 30 days notice without cause.
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
If you have a lease, this is not sufficient grounds. If you are month to month, termination can be with or without cause as long as 15 days advance notice is given.
    Victor Varga | Victor Varga
    Not at all. If you have a lease, you have the right to stay until the lease is up. If you don't have a lease, then you are a month-to-month tenant, and the LL can terminate your tenancy by giving you a 30 day written notice. He can do that for any reason or no reason.