Does my husband have to go back to Mexico to get a resident card? 1 Answers as of June 21, 2011

My husband was brought illegally to the US as a child when he was 9 years old. He is now 25 years old. Does he have to go back to Mexico while I fix his petition?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
I would need a lot more information to determine if he is eligible under 245i, U visa or other option that would allow him to remain in the US. When he leaves, there is a ten year bar and no guarantee of approval. So you need to have your extreme hardship case analyzed first too, to see if you have a strong claim.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: