Does my future inheritance belong to the Trustee or me if I file BK? 3 Answers as of June 29, 2011

I filed Chapter 13 in Feb. 2010. My mother just passed away this month. She had a living trust (small amount of assets) with a spendthrift trust provision. Since she died more than 180 days after my filing, is my future inheritance belonging to the Trustee or me?

CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANCE COALITION, INC. (DE).
CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANCE COALITION, INC. (DE). | Gary Lee Lane
if you do not have it, anything may happen so it is not yours to declare yet.
The chapter 13 orders of confirmation vary from district to district. One would have to look at the order. If there is a valid spendthrift trust, and you are the beneficiary, the trustee can not take that from you. BUT.... The income from the trust could cause a request for a modification of your plan payment.
An inheritance within 180 days of filing is property of the bankruptcy estate. After 180 days the inheritance is not part of the bankruptcy.