Does my daughter have to notify her dad's life insurance policy that he passed? 5 Answers as of May 19, 2015

My daughter father had life insurance on her he recently passed away does my daughter have to contact the insurance company to notify them of this? And will she be able to get any money from this policy?

Yes, someone has to notify them; they don?t know about the death unless they are told. If she is a beneficiary she should get the proceeds unless she is a minor, in which event they will tell you what is needed.
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
What an odd question. Does she want to know who is entitled to the proceeds? If so of course she should notify the company.
Why would she not want to notify them? ?They need to have an address to send bills or letters to. ?If she is the named insured, then no one collects until she dies. If you mean he took it out on his own life and named her as the beneficiary, sure she has to send them a death certificate before they can know who the send the money to.
Yes your daughter should notify the insurance company of his death. Whether she receives any money from the policy of insurance will depend on whether she was a named beneficiary.
Law Office of Jeffrey T. Reed | Jeffrey T. Reed
If she is the beneficiary of the policy she should get some money! If the policy was on her life then no. Either way she needs to talk with the insurance company and they will tell her what to do.