Does my dad need to sign a paper so my mom can get out of the states? 2 Answers as of September 15, 2014

My mom is an Immigrant and she has a chance to get her papers if she is sent back to Peru. But my dad does not let her. Does he need to sign a paper for her to be permitted to go to Peru?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Even if she can go back to Peru, then out of spite your dad will not help her get back to the U.S. Your dad sounds like a control freak, who cares only about himself. I feel sorry for you and his wife.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/15/2014
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
Your mother is an adult and can make her own decisions. She may need your father to participate in her immigration matter depending upon how she is obtaining her documents.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/15/2014
Click to View More Answers: