Does my child support payment stay the same if my ex-wife has her boyfriend living with her and my two kids? 1 Answers as of October 19, 2016

We've been divorced now for 5 years and my income has gone down and hers has gone up. I'm still paying the same amount we figured 5 years ago. I'm living alone and her boyfriend is living with her. It seems like I should pay less since he would be paying her rent.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
The boyfriend has no responsibility to support your children. However, since your incomes have changed you can petition for a modification or adjustment of child support. Under WA law you can do this every 2 years. The boyfriend's income will only be considered for purposes of deviating from the standard amount. There have to be major reasons why this would apply.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 10/19/2016
Click to View More Answers: