Does a minor need to physically live with you before a petition for guardship of a minor can be filed in Pennsylvania? Posted on July 21, 2011

My wife's mother and father are deceased. Her younger brother is now coming to live with us in the next couple of weeks. We were informed that we'd have to file a petition for guardianship of a minor in Montgomery County, PA in order to become his guardians and register him for school this Fall. We were also told that the process could take awhile. We have been filing out the petition with a law help website. We want to file the petition before he arrives. Is it ok that the date when her brother came to live with us is after the date we file the petition? Because by the time the case is heard he will be physically in our household.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: