Does the letter of invitation have to have a special USA seal or it’s just a type letter on any computer? 4 Answers as of October 07, 2014

My nephew want to come to visit in December for his two weeks. He said that a letter of invitation will help a little but I heard that you have to go with someone to do that letter for you because they put on a special seal on the paper. Is this true?

Just a letter of invitation but neither is it necessary nor is it a guarantee that with it the visa will be issued or without it visa will be denied. Every application for a visa is reviewed on its own merits by the consular officer.
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
No special seal is required. Some people choose to have it notarized, but that is not a requirement.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
No, there is no need for apostile or even notarization.
You heard wrong. You can simply write a letter of invitation by hand or on a computer. You will need to sign the letter.