Does Illinois have a time limit for filing a personal injury suit after being hurt at work? 3 Answers as of April 22, 2011

If I lost my finger at work do I have a time limit for filing a personal injury? I lost my finger while working on a car in the office. An engine that was being dropped into a car fell on my finger and I lost part of it.

Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
The statute of limitations in Illinois for personal injury actions is generally two years.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied. We would be happy to provide you with a free consultation if you call my office at either of the numbers listed below. If my office accepts your case, there is no fee charged unless we are able to obtain a settlement for you. Thank you for your email, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Willens Law Offices
Willens Law Offices | Matthew Willens
A worker, who is injured as a result of a work-related accident, must file a claim with the Illinois Industrial Commission within three (3) years of the date of their accident or within two (2) years of the latest payment of compensation, whichever of these dates is later. This provision is referred to as the Statute of Limitations.