Does having guardianship of my niece give me the right to request that her child support be modified? Posted on March 02, 2011

I have guardianship of a 16 year old. I ask nothing of her parents and provide her with all she needs. She uses her child support for whatever extras she needs/wants. The father is threatening to get a lawyer because I claimed her for 4 months on my taxes and received no credits for her. He owes back support and he and my sister both have said she isn't going to receive any of it.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: