Does a felon who has been arrested by the feds for selling guns have a chance in court? 2 Answers as of January 19, 2011

A state judge lets felon work as a pawnshop clerk while on felony probation. Then the feds arrested the felon 10 months later on straw purchase. The feds gave a bond but the state puts the felon on house arrest to see what the feds were going to do. It is a federal law that the felon cannot sell guns. Will this felon have a chance in court?

I am a former federal prosecutor for over 20 years and now I do criminal defense work in the Augusta area. We at The Goolsby Law Firm, LLC offer free initial consultations at (706) 863-5281. If you and your family have the means, I would encourage you to consult with and to retain an experienced federal criminal defense lawyer in your community. It is difficult to discuss your options without knowing more of the facts, but as you suggest, the law and ATF are tough on felons who even get near to firearms. But you never know what your options are until you carefully discuss your case with an attorney. Good luck!
Have a chance to beat the case? Sure, if the felon hires the right attorney, gets the right jury and gets an incompetent prosecutor. If all of those things don't work out prepare for prison.