Does the family have to suffer with convicted spouse? Posted on March 13, 2011

My husband was incarcerated for probation violation. I have asked for help for his prescription drug problem for years, but instead of help they just want to keep arresting him. He has been disabled for years now because he had neck, back, shoulder, hand and eye surgery. Hence the drug problem. I worked until last year when I left my job to go to another job, unfortunately that fell through, so we have been living off of his SSDI and food stamps. I have been staying home and homeschooling my two children.(The school system had my son on so much medication so he could focus on class because he was diagnosed with ADHD. So I homeschool him and took him off all the medication.) Since my husband is now incarcerated for who knows how long. Will we lose the disability and stamps? I can't pay our bills without them. Yeah my husband is not at home but not only am I struggling to pay bills, but I have to put money in an inmate account for him to be able to buy things, provide him with socks, shirts, etc. and pay a five dollar collect call overtime he calls me. Shouldn't he be allowed his check if we are still having to provide for him in jail, and our bills on the outside?