Does disability count as income on question number two of fee waiver form? 7 Answers as of September 08, 2016

This is my only income at the moment. I want to make sure I am being 100% honest when filling this out and all my forms for that matter.

Eranthe Law Firm
Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
Yes, of course it does.
It counts, put it down.
Yes, Social Security counts as income. The easy way to determine your income is to fill out Schedule I - Income before you fill out Form 103B - Application for Fee Waiver. The amount in line 10 of Schedule I is the income for Form 103B.
Garner Law Office
Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
Yes, disability is income.
    If you are asking the court for a fee waiver, all your income needs to be disclosed. Having represented people with the VA, an income for a VA disability could be as much as $10,000 a month, which is not exactly condemning someone to a life of poverty.
    You are right to be very scrupulous about filling out papers to be filed with the bankruptcy court. MY understanding is that you should list your disability payments (that is, you may not conceal them)-unless the form specifically says you need NOT list them. For many purposes disability payments do not count as income, or are exempt from attachment.