Does a child have any say regarding his joint custody? Posted on July 01, 2011

My ex and I have 50/50 week on week off and who's ever week it is the other gets our 7 yr old son on Tuesday nights. We both call every night to speak with him. I communicate everything with him even though I hate the man. But in the end I want my son to have a stress free life. Unfortunately my ex seems to think he can dictate and speak to me anyway he wants. My son has come to me upset about something he overheard his dad say about me, or the way he has treated him and so on. It had gotten to the point that my son is afraid of him... He won't talk to him and express his feelings. Recently he came to me and said he is tired of going back and forth and rather live with me and see him every other weekend, or just in the summer! He has also stated that he feels he is pushing his girlfriend on him to be his mom and he overheard that he is planning to move out of state and I guess play house... Can I stop this from happening? At 7yrs old can he talk to the judge?