Does bankruptcy preclude all other legal cases? 5 Answers as of October 04, 2017

If I have filed for divorce, am I barred from pursuing an earlier filed petition for a change to child visitation rights? (No money is involved, so I am thinking that the usual barring of other cases during a bankruptcy might not apply.)

Bankruptcy bars suits for collection of money and enforcement of contracts. Divorce cases are barred to the extent they are about the other spouse taking money from the bankrupt but not for child custody or termination of the marriage.
Generally bankruptcy does not affect family court matters, unless they involve assets and debts.
Timothy Casey Theisen, P.A. | Tim Theisen
No, the bankruptcy stay does not affect matters regarding parenting time.
You need a lawyer who has the time to review the whole context and set of facts. BR does not necessarily preclude the action in questions. Someone should probably move for Relief from Stay in your BR case, just to be fully protected.
Benson Law Firm
Benson Law Firm | David Benson
The automatic stay should not prevent the litigation of matters not involving the division of property or other matters related to assets and liabilities.