Does bankruptcy listing shows obligation for the obligation? 6 Answers as of March 05, 2014

Does listing an obligation on a bankruptcy show the person filing the bankruptcy? And has an obligation to that obligation if the obligation is not dismissed in the bankruptcy?

Listing a creditor and the debt means that creditor will have notice of the BK filing, by whom and what the debt is. Not sure what you mean by the second question.
The courts will give notice to everyone listed as a creditor in your petition.
Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
I'm not really sure what you are trying to ask. A person filing bankruptcy must list all his or her debt obligations, even those that will continue to be paid and those that are joint or cosigned debts. It is not clear what "listing" you are asking about, and the second question does not make much sense. If a debt is not discharged in bankruptcy then the person filing will still remain obligated to pay that debt.
Law Offices of Eric W. I. Anglin
Law Offices of Eric W. I. Anglin | Eric W. I. Anglin
Your question vague but a debt listed on a bankruptcy is assumed to be that of the debtor and any co-debtors would appear on schedule.
If you are looking at the notice you received from a bankruptcy court, called a form B9, the person that filed the bankruptcy has their name at the upper right portion of the paperwork - right below the court name. If you are looking at the schedules, the person who filed will have their name at the top right of each page of the schedules. If you are looking at the address matrix, the debtor's name will typically appear first.
    This question is too unclear to answer. In general, if someone files for bankruptcy, the creditors are notified by the court. If it is a ch13 case or if it is an "asset" ch7 case, the creditor must file a claim to be paid. In the Ch7 case you would be notified that it is an asset case, (meaning there are non-exempt assets the trustee can liquidate and sell to pay creditors).