Does applying for a I-751 impact my green card processing? 1 Answers as of May 25, 2011

I filled out I 751 application more then 2 months ago, did not receive letter for Biometrics. I have called to immigration last months to schedule my appointment, and still waiting... what else I have to do? Does it impact for my green card processing?

Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Two months is not an unusually long wait. Yes, this affects your green card processing. The I-751 is the application to remove conditions on residence, so this means that you must have had a conditional green card. Did you properly file the I-751 as directed in the directions to the form? Did you receive a "Notice of Receipt" from USCIS? This notice usually gives an estimated processing time. Did USCIS cash your check for the filing fee? If all of these questions are answered "yes", then you need to schedule an INFOPASS appointment to check your status.