Does an illegal minor need a waiver to return to the US? 3 Answers as of February 22, 2011

If an illegal immigrant under 18 who is married to a U.S citizen returns back to their country and has only one illegal entry w/o inspection and has had no problems with immigration, would they need a waiver in order to return to the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
He would likely need more than a waiver and could be barred from reentry.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 2/22/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Marrying to us citizen, having one entry without inspection are not relevant. Age does not make difference neither. Yes, you do need a waiver, which is not easy to obtain to begin with. If you decide to retain professional work, please feel free to contact us.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/22/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
A person does not begin to accrue unlawful presence until the reach the age of 18 years old. Therefore, if the person only had one illegal entry to the U.S., departed the U.S. before they turned 18 years and remained outside they do not need a waiver.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: