Does an I-130 immigrant need to submit police reports for every country he has lived in? 6 Answers as of December 19, 2010

My husband is Canadian, and I am a US citizen. He has been approved for an I-130. He was born in Morocco, and then moved to France before immigrating to Canada. Does he have to submit police reports from ALL of the places he has lived? What if we cannot get them?

In the course of an I-485 adjustment of status, or DS-230 application for consular processing for a green card a police record to either show a clean record or list of offenses and final disposition thereof, he will have to apply to the prosecutor's office in the local area where he last resided in each country. Each place will charge him a fee, so be prepared to pay. If you want to discuss it further, especially if you wish an attorney's assistance, by all means e-mail or call to set up an in-person or phone consultation.
You have to follow the directions from the state department website for this stage of the process. Typically, one needs to submit police reports from every country in which one lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16. All countries and localities have their own procedures for requesting these documents.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
Yes, you will at least need to show that diligent efforts have been made to secure these reports.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
No, if your husband in the US.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Your husband must get a police certificate or clearancefor all places where he lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16. Maybe the consulate of Morrocco and France might assist him in getting those documents.
    You are not required to provide evidence where you have lived. You are merely required to provide copy of your passport. Please feel free to contact us if situation is more complicated than it seems here so that police report is warranted.