Do you think I’ll do jail time and do you think I can be put on HYTA for retail fraud? 2 Answers as of March 16, 2017

It is my first offense. I went out and got caught shoplifting $236 worth of merchandise. They towed my car when I went to jail and found $790 backpack $295 belt and $135 coat. The $236 and $135 are done in the same county. The $790 and $295 are from another county and at one store. I’m facing 1st , 2nd, and 3rd degree retail frauds. I’ve never been convicted of anything and have a clean record. I confessed immediately when they found the stuff in my car. I have sought therapy so this won’t happen again 2 weeks after going to jail. I’m currently awaiting my first court date. My 24th birthday was 8 days before being arrested.

James Sterling Lawrence, Attorney at Law | James Sterling Lawrence
If you are under 21, the judge can give HYTA without prosecutor approval. From ages 21 to 23, they can do it with prosecutor consent.
First of all, you need local skilled defense attorneys for each case. You may avoid jail, but these amounts are large and part of a bigger problem which you properly recognize.