Do you still get a settlement for pain and suffering if you get hurt at work but injuries aren’t permanent? 18 Answers as of November 09, 2012

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Melvin Franke | Melvin Franke
No, WC does not pay for pain and suffering.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 11/9/2012
David F. Stoddard
David F. Stoddard | David F. Stoddard
When y0ou are hurt at work, your exclusive remedy against your employer is workers comp. Pain and suffering is not an element of damages in workers comp. If a third party, who was not employed by your employer, was at fault, you could sue that person or company for pain and suffering, but it is usually not worth it if it is not permanent.
Answer Applies to: South Carolina
Replied: 11/7/2012
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
Worker comp does not include anything for pain and suffering.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 11/7/2012
Victor Varga | Victor Varga
Hurt at work makes it a workers comp case, so no.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 11/7/2012
Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C. | Stuart M. Nachbar
You get workers comp.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 11/7/2012
    Richard E. Damon, PC | Richard E. Damon
    Yes, but less, of course, than if you suffered permanent injury.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 11/7/2012
    Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
    Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
    You should consult with a lawyer who dandles work-related legal matters for a complete evaluation of your case including damages for pain and suffering.
    Answer Applies to: Indiana
    Replied: 11/7/2012
    Dwyer, Black & Lyle, LLP
    Dwyer, Black & Lyle, LLP | Kevin Habberfield
    You can proceed through workers compensation unless your injuries were caused by someone other than yourself or your employer.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 11/7/2012
    Law Offices of Roger A. Geddes | Roger A. Geddes
    As a general rule, you are entitled to compensation for pain and suffering whether your injuries are temporary or permanent. However, if your injury occurred at work and your claim is against your employer, you likely have a workers' compensation claim which is subject to the limitations prescribed by your particular state.
    Answer Applies to: Arizona
    Replied: 11/7/2012
    Nicholas Pothitakis
    Nicholas Pothitakis | Nicholas Pothitakis
    If the injury occurred at work and is subject to Iowa's Workers' Compensation Laws, you would be entitled to have your medical expenses paid, paid for your time off work, and paid benefits for having a permanent injury. You are not entitled to specific dollars for pain and suffering but your pain can have an effect on the level of benefits you can recieve for the permanent injury.
    Answer Applies to: Iowa
    Replied: 11/7/2012
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    If it is a work injury you are normally limited in your recovery to worker's comp benefits. Need further details for a firm opinion.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 11/7/2012
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 4 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney