Do we need to go to court for a non-custodial parent give up his rights? Posted on January 15, 2011

Is there a way for the non-custodial parent to give up his rights if he is requesting to and I agree to take him of child support? We live in two different states (he is in Michigan and I am in Georgia. The original support order is from Pennsylvania. I was wondering if he even has any rights to give up. He is the non-custodial parent, has not seen his son in a year, and then a year before that. Do we have to file a petition or motion through a judge to cut ties completely?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: