Do we need to amend our tax return to receive another 1099R? 3 Answers as of March 07, 2011

My husband doesn't work. We filed jointly. Now he got his1099R after we filed our taxes. What do we need to do? Do we have to amend the first one? Or we will file another tax return for his 1099R? Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm | Steven J. Fromm & Associates, P.C.
If you omitted the Form 1099-R income from your return, you must file an amended Form 1040-X to correct this error.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 3/7/2011
LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
You should file an amended return to account for the income.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 3/3/2011
Meyer & Yee, LLP
Meyer & Yee, LLP | Kent W. Meyer
Amend the first one.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: