Do we need immigration procedures? 2 Answers as of August 23, 2010

Would a baby born to illegal immigrant parents in the US be a full citizen? Would she have problems later on in life with getting into college or a job?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
The short answer to your question, is your child a citizen?, is yes. The American law since the beginning of the Republic is that any native born child is a citizen, regardless of his parents (the only exception are parents who are foreign diplomats). It does not save you and your wife, however. Your child cannot be a sponsoring petitioner for the two of you until he is 21, not for legal residency. And if you are caught, detained, and removed, your child can be removed (deported) to your former country with you.

But you may have other options. If there are other family, or depending on how long you have stayed in America, or if there is another sponsoring employer (not likely), there may be a way to help. Call me or e-mail me and I will set up an appointment to meet either in person, or in a telephone consultation (depending on where you are). I hope to hear from you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/23/2010
Click to View More Answers: