Do we have to appear if the subpoenas were not served properly? 1 Answers as of February 27, 2011

I was served a subpoena for myself and two children ages 13 and 17 to testify in court I did some research that stated the children should be served separately as well to make this a proper service. Do they have to appear in court since this wasn't done according to the statute?

You are not asking the right question. The correct question is "what will happen if you don't appear" and the answer to that can't be determined without much more information. Because the consequences of being wrong are fairly significant (a judge might decide to issue a warrant for your arrest), you should consult a lawyer about whether or not the service was proper. In this kind of case, the person who tries to be his own lawyer has a fool for a client - especially if he isn't a lawyer himself.