Do we have a case in order to get sole custody from an unfit father? 1 Answers as of July 08, 2011

My case is the following; my wife’s ex has been making threats to her. Recently he was sent to jail for not paying child support and he starting calling saying he has paid and will relentlessly tries to see their daughter. He has been out her life for over 2 years. Over the past several months he has posted photos with him smoking pot. On other photos he posted beer and pot on how they go to concerts. My question is, does my wife have a case in order to get sole custody for unfit father who is always around alcohol and narcotics? When her daughter hears about him she cries saying I never want to see him and as also had nightmares of him coming to get her. She is 10 years old so we want the best for her.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
Yes, you have a case based on these facts. The first question I, or any other lawyer will ask is for the proof (those posted photos) so you may want to buy or borrow a color printer and print them while you can. I assume since you said "posted" these are on MySpace or FaceBook or some similar social media - so be sure to print the index/home page, etc to show where they came from.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: