Do we have any recourse if my son's father is not paying child support? Posted on August 16, 2011

When my son was born 19 1/2 years ago, I was not married to his father (at the hospital he signed a form stating he was the biological father and was responsible for the child as well as signing the birth certificate). He never paid a dime and the last time I spoke to him was when my son was 6 months old. When my son was 5, I married and my husband adopted my son (they tried serving the biological father who was in the area and were unable to so had to resort to publicly notifying him in the newspapers.) My son now is a marine reservist and full time student and recently inquired as to why his biological father never paid anything for him (as we're using his reservist money plus loans to pay for his education). Is there any recourse for the five years that my son wasn't yet adopted?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: