Do warrants for unpaid traffic tickets expire? 1 Answers as of June 01, 2011

Do warrants for unpaid traffic tickets expire? I need to get my TX drivers license or TX ID. I have a warrant for unpaid traffic tickets that is 10+ yrs old, would I be arrested when I go to get my license?

The Law Office of Matthew Byrne
The Law Office of Matthew Byrne | Matt Byrne
I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty with these old tickets, and maybe I can provide some info. The warrant doesn't expire, per se, but you probably received a conviction on the tickets, and perhaps a failure to appear (although you probably would've been picked up on that if so). You may have received a license suspension from DPS as a result, in which case you should be careful not to get a driving while license suspended/invalid. Call DPS or go online and check your status. Call the Sheriff in the county of the tickets and check on the warrant. If you have any problems, call me.