Do text messages hold up in court as evidence? 4 Answers as of October 09, 2014

I am facing being sued for lost wages as a home health care side. I claimed some days that weren't actually worked. The client and I exchanged text messages that she agreed it was ok for me to miss the day but still claim the pay for being there. Now my boss has caught on. So I would like to know if the text messages between the client and I will hold up in court for my boss to use against me.

Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
Unfortunately, text messages are some of the most common evidence used in courts today due to there time stamps, and widespread use.
They can be if the can show where they came from.
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
I think you can get it in but I don't think it will help you. That the patient and you conspired to defraud your employer doesn't help your case a bit. The patient doesn't pay you...his permission is not worth much.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
They very well could if he can get legal access to them. Never put things in text messages, face book that can come back and haunt you. Remember Mayor from Detroit and his text messages. Do not talk to anyone about this case and certainly do not text.