Does the police have to read you your Miranda rights when picking you up on a warrant? 4 Answers as of March 08, 2012

I was picked up on a small warrant and the police did not read me my rights. I want to know if I can get the case dropped because of that.

Harrison & Harrison
Harrison & Harrison | Samuel Harrison
It doesn't work that way. The whole thing about the case being dropped if you aren't read your rights is a Hollywood generated myth. The reading of rights (the Miranda warning) is only required if (1) A police officer (2) Has a person in custody and (3) wants to question that person. No questioning = no warning necessary. If the person is not read the warning a statement made by that person cannot be used against him/her. If there is enough evidence to convict the person without the statement, he can still be prosecuted and sent to jail.
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
Not unless they want to ask you questions after they put the cuffs on.
Healan Law Offices
Healan Law Offices | William D. Healan, III
No, you can't get the case dropped. They did not need to read your rights unless they interrogated you.
The Pilgrim Law Firm
The Pilgrim Law Firm | Marc Pilgrim
You cannot get the case dismissed because the police failed to read you your rights. The police reads your rights to you to give them the right to use your statements against you at trial. The question is whether you made statements against yourself and whether those statements can be excluded.