Do patent lawyers usually form partnerships? How? 3 Answers as of September 15, 2015

I’ve just invented several different innovative lines of retail products. These solve problems and there's nothing like them anywhere, worldwide. I'm looking to partner up with a local patent attorney. Not sure about what type of partnership yet. I'm open to suggestions/options. I'd like a patent attorney and/or consultants to evaluate the value of all 3 of my provisional patents and accompany/represent me during negotiations with companies and license agreements. This is a huge opportunity to be a part of my team. All 3 of my inventions will make a ton of money worldwide because they all solve problems. Let’s meet so you can see my prototypes and patent files. After you see them, you'll see their value and want to be involved!

Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
Typically NO - patent attorneys do not form partnerships with their inventor/clients. There are multiple ethical issues in such a partnership - all making it a very bad idea. Look for funding elsewhere - then hire your patent attorney. You can pay by the hour, or maybe get a set fee for each case. Note - the inventor must cover filing fees paid to the Patent Office. Each foreign case will cost up to $10,000. GOOD LUCK!
Attorneys are barred from the kind of arrangement you're considering because it would violate the professional code of ethics they are required to abide by. An attorney who has a financial interest in a business or a patent would have a serious conflict of interest between taking actions that would best benefit him or herself and advising the client/partner about what would be the best for the business.
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
There is nothing that prevents a lawyer from a partnership with an inventor, but it rarely happens because the lawyer is then dependent upon the inventor for future compensation. If the inventor is not willing to pay for the lawyer's services then it is unlikely that the inventor will get the invention sold. The patent is usually the least expensive part of the process.