Do non-resident foreigners need to file a tax return? 1 Answers as of May 06, 2011

My friend who and his wife are Taiwan citizens working for a company in China. He and his wife never resided in USA but his wife had opened a savings account in USA. They are not US citizens or Permanent Residents. He would like to transfer part of his paycheck money to her US account. If the amount is US$50000 monthly. Will he be taxed on that money? Also, if he wants to transfer the money back to Taiwan from USA in the future, will that be a problem regarding Taxes?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
He is subject to tax on the earnings of the savings account only.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: