Do I still qualify for the dream act if I was forced to leave the USA voluntarily a few months ago? 4 Answers as of December 30, 2010

I was taken to the USA when I was 12 years old by my parents, we were in the USA for 9 years waiting to resolve our legal status, but after the nine years my parents were informed that we had to leave the country because the asylum was denied. I graduated from high school and was in college for 2 years, but I was forced to drop out because they told us we had to leave the country, and that it was better to leave voluntarily than to get deported. I did not know about the dream act and that is why I left, because I was afraid to stay illegal, we have been back in the country for about 6 months, but it has been very difficult for me to come back to my country since I was raised in the USA. I would like to know if there is a chance for me to qualify for the dream act.

I am sorry to let you know that the DREAM Act was not passed into law by the U.S. Congress. The House of Representatives voted for it, and a majority of the Senate did, too, but it was not able to get the number of votes necessary to pass it into law. The fact that you left voluntarily did give you the opportunity to apply for an immigration visa (or non-immigrant visa like a student visa), without being subject to a ban for entering and attempting illegal re-entry. Do you have an ability to be admitted to your university as an international student? Contact your university's ISO for options. Best to you.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
The DREAM act is not final yet...So no one can file for it yet. There are 2 versions of the DREAM act, but both seem to indicate that you have to be in the US continuously for 5 years before the date of the enactment and be IN the US on the date of the enactment...such date not yet determined or might never happen. If and when it becomes final, the best would be to contact directly an attorney who can check the specifics of your situation and see whether the DREAM act can actually help you.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
No. if you left the US then you do not qualify for the dream act.
Volunteer leave is part of deportation. The difference is you are not subject to immigration bar. No, I don't think you will qualify for dream act using this argument. However, you can come back freely on any type of visa.