Do I still have to pay alimony if I move to another state? 15 Answers as of February 04, 2016

Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
You would still have to pay alimony if you went to Mars, any other place in space, including heaven or the alternative. Good luck.
Ankerholz and Smith
Ankerholz and Smith | Rian F. Ankerholz
Yes, the alimony Order (now called spousal maintenance in Kansas) is still valid. A person's move out of state does not terminate his or her responsibilities regarding support. If a person could end the alimony obligation by moving to another state, everyone would do it!
GordenLaw, LLC
GordenLaw, LLC | Vanessa J. Gorden
Yes. You are subject to contempt or registration in the new state and garnishment of your wages, regardless of where you move, if you stop paying your required amount. All states must give full faith and credit to other states' orders for support.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
Yes. The alimony order stays in place until changed by a court of competent jurisdiction.