Do I still have day’s extension to vacate of my property that was foreclosed since I still received my first notice? 3 Answers as of February 06, 2014

I am currently the previous mortgagor of my home. It was recently sold at a non-judicial foreclosure sale and was foreclosed on January 7, 2014. I received a letter to vacate the property within 3 days. Property Code Section 24.005 applies to me. I need a little more than 3 days to vacate since this is my first notice.

The code section you quote appears to be a Texas Statute. In California, you must have been served a Notice of Default to start foreclosure. Now that your home has been foreclosed, the 3 day notice is the correct one to have served you. If you are not out in 3 days, eviction will commence. You will have 5 days from being served to answer or make arrangements with the new owner.
Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
It appears you are in Texas. This board is for California. In California, the new owner after foreclosure sale can only force the previous owner to vacate by filing an unlawful detainer suit just like a landlord does to evict a tenant.
They are supposed to file an unlawful detainer action. It will take them time to file and serve you. Then you will have five days to answer. Then two weeks for a hearing. Then 15 days after judgement is granted. Sometimes they do not even pursue the unlawful detainer. I have has clients who have stayed in their homes for two years after the sale without paying rent. At least they get some of their money back from the unscrupulous banks.