Do I serve divorce papers with jurisdiction waiver and trail consent before I file? 5 Answers as of May 17, 2012

In an uncontested divorce, where I live in GA and my spouse is in NY, do I send petition, waiver of jurisdiction and trail consent form BEFORE filing in the GA court, or do I file first and then send those things?

Kingloff & Travis | William K Travis
It may not matter although it is generally wiser to file first and then send the petition, acknowledgement of service and waiver of venue and jurisdiction, and agreement to trial immediately afterward. Be certain to keep two copies that have been file-stamped in the Clerk's office in case your spouse has a change of mind.
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
If your spouse is in New York, you may want to file the divorce there.
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller | Jody A. Miller
In a truly uncontested divorce, you would usually have the petition, verification, acknowledgment of service, and settlement agreement all signed beforehand and file everything after all documents have been properly executed.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
You will have to have the acknowledgment and waiver and trial consent completed first with notarized signatures.