Do I report income changes to the USCIS? 2 Answers as of June 13, 2011

I have a friend who works in the U.S. on a R-1 visa valid until August 2013. If the employer, due to lack of finances, cannot pay her anymore, will the employer have to declare this to the USCIS? Will her visa still be valid as a result of this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
Yes, the employer has a responsibility to pay the nonimmigrant the wages as specified in the petition. If not, they should send a notice to the USCIS asking for a revocation. The Nonimmigrant should immediately seek another petitioner to file for them or leave the US.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/13/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Technically her visa is not valid any more.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: