Do I provide them with my new insurance or my old one if I hit my neighbor’s car and they refuse to go through my insurance? 1 Answers as of February 27, 2017

About five months ago, I hit my neighbor’s car as I was backing up out of my parking spot. I left a note on the car and they didn't get back to me until the next day. They said they didn't even notice that I had hit their car. I told them that my insurance will cover it and had them take a picture of my ID and my insurance card. The next day, they called me saying that they went to body shop and it will cost them $600 to fix it and if I could please give them the money. I told them that unfortunately being a college student, I didn't have money to spare but they are more than welcome to go through my insurance (isn't that the reason for having insurance?). He also told me that he expects the insurance to paint his whole car. I told him that I only hit his back bumper so that all they are responsible for. It had been a few months since that conversation and not they been coming to my door and waiting for me at my car claiming that they don't have my insurance information. I reminded them of pictures they took of my information. I believe this all should have been settled with right away not months later. Well, my policy ended earlier this month and I decided to give another insurance company a try. As of today, they keep asking for my information and I don't know what to do. Do I give them my new insurance information or not? I don't feel the need to but they are threatening me to legal action against me although I did everything by the book or so I thought. What should I do?

The insurance in effect at the time of the incident is the one responsible. Turn the info over to them ASAP.