Do I need to speak with a personal injury lawyer after a car accident? 5 Answers as of November 25, 2010

I was in a rollover accident in my friends truck. I was ejected from the truck during the accident but was not seriously injured. I was told that I need to speak with a lawyer before I send them copies of my medical bills. Is this true even though it will be covered?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Dack Marasigan, LLP
Dack Marasigan, LLP | Martin E. Dack, Esq
Yes if you want to file claims.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/25/2010
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law | Diana K. Zilko
Any time you are injured in an auto accident it is best to speak with a personal injury attorney to discuss what your rights are, and how best to protect them. Even if you are a passenger, and clearly not at fault for the collision, the insurance company can still dispute your medical treatment, the amount of your medical bills, any lost wages, and what amount is fair to compensate you for your pain, discomfort, etc. If you have any further questions, I would be happy to speak with you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/10/2010
Tomalas Law Firm
Tomalas Law Firm | Ryan Tomalas
There is nothing that says that you must talk to a lawyer when you have been involved and/or injured in an accident. However, it is important to keep in mind that, as a "for profit" business, the insurance company's job is to pay you the least amount of money as possible to settle your claim. On the other hand, a personal injury lawyer's job is tomaximize your recovery by controlling the information given to the insurance company and advising you on all of the things that an be done to increase the value of your claim. Not surprisingly, many of the things that help maximize your financial recovery are directly related to seeking the appropriate, reasonable and necessary medical attention for any injuries you suffered. As such, clients often times realize a more complete physical recovery and a greater economic recovery when they hire a lawyer. If you are interested in consulting with an attorney who specializes in personal injury law, please call. The consultation is free.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/9/2010
Click to View More Answers: