Do I need to respond if I received a motion to set for trial and a request for default and if so, how? 2 Answers as of September 13, 2016

I received an unlawful detainee and filed a timely response. I later received a motion to set for trial which was stamped by the court. While waiting for a notice of the court date, I received a request for default from the attorneys.

First, on line, check the court file to see when your answer was filed; if it was not, go to court to look at the file to see why it was not. You must immediately contact the attorneys for the landlord and ask why they requested a default when you had filed an answer [the court clerk will not grant it if a proper answer was filed]. If you have a legitimate basis to request the trial not be scheduled during certain dates, file a Response with the Court and tell it why the case should not be set for those dates. See if you can get the other side to agree to a trial date so they can send a stipulation to the court as to that date(s).
Law Office of Jeffrey T. Reed | Jeffrey T. Reed
You need to contact the court and find out what's up as soon as possible! The court is supposed to set a court date within 21 days of the request, if you are past that time you probably missed your date.