Do I need to pay off my medical bills while in the US on a visitor visa? 1 Answers as of July 11, 2011

Me and my wife are on visit visa in u.s.a. I have two son born in the US. When we were coming through the airport, the immigration officer saw my wife is pregnant, hence asked us “show me the proof that you will pay for the medical/hospital bills by yourself” also he said “make sure that you pay all the bills” and he had noted down some of our information in detail like insurance, complete addresses of both countries etc in details on his immigration office computer. Now my wife had delivered and we are planning to leave u.s.a. I inquired with the hospital account dept for the payment of the bills and they said that medicad had cleared all the expenses. and we don’t have to pay anything. From the hospital we have received only one bill of amount $150, which we didn’t pay yet but planning to clear before we leave u.s.a. Now I want to know: will there be any problems if I don’t pay? If I have to make payment then should I have to do before I leave u.s.a or I can do it later. Will there be any problems entering next time to u.s.a? Will me and my family visa be rejected next time I apply. Please advise.

The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
You are responsible for paying any bills that you owe. However, if you inquired at the hospital and they said that you did not owe anything then make certain you have it in writing. You should not have any problem entering the USA as a result if this.