Do I need to hire an attorney if my mother doesn't want to give my son back to me? 1 Answers as of December 15, 2014

I had a baby when I was 15. Mom made me stay with grandma at 16 and kept my son. Now, I am 20 and I want my son back but she is telling him to tell the police that he does not want to go. I am very worried that they are not going to give him to me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
Unless there is a court order to the contrary, you can take your son wherever you want, whenever you want, as long as you are not violating some law. It doesn't matter if he says, "I don't want to go with my mommy." Kids don't get to make those decisions; parents do. You are the parent. Just try not to damage your relationship with your parent, to the extent possible, BUT ultimately, you are responsible for your child and your relationship with your child.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 12/15/2014
Click to View More Answers: