Do I need to fill out the parenting plan form if my spouse doesnt want to be involved? 3 Answers as of July 04, 2013

I am currently filling out divorce papers & was curious as to if I even need to fill out the parenting plan forms since my spouse has agreed to give me full custody & has decided that he does not want to be in our child's life?

Law Office of Michael W. Bugni
Law Office of Michael W. Bugni | Jay W. Neff
Yes. You should fill out the forms. It Washington, the court has an independent duty to do what the court believes is in the best interest of the children. Therefore, the court is going to want to see what is happening in your case as to the parenting plan and child support before it will sign off on your divorce. Most of the time, the court will agree to sign off on what the parents want to do regarding the parenting plan and child support. However, I have seen cases where what the parents want is far enough from the norm that the court refuses to sign the documents. This is another good reason to listen to your attorney. Your attorney will likely have at least some idea of whether what you want to do is too far from the norm.
Seattle Divorce Services
Seattle Divorce Services | Michael V. Fancher
Yes, under Washington law you are going to need to have a parenting plan, even if it just says that your spouse will not be spending any time with or having any decision making power as to the child.
Beresford Booth PLLC
Beresford Booth PLLC | S. Scott Burkhalter
In all divorces involving children, you will need to have a parenting plan entered.