Do I need to fill out form I-864 to sponsor my husband if I don’t have income? 9 Answers as of August 02, 2013

I only get child support and I have no other income but I also have a sponsor how willing to fill out form I- 864 for my husband. So do I need to fill out a desperate one beside the joint sponsor? Thank you.

Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC
Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC | Shiv K. Kapoor
Yes, you still need to fill out the I-864 for yourself stating that you have no income. Your joint sponsor would do a separate I-864.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
Regardless of how much income the petitioner or sponsor makes, the sponsor must always submit an I-864 affidavit of support. If your income is insufficient, you can also submit an affidavit of support from one or more joint sponsors.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
You need to fill out the form as well.
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
As the petitioner, you have to file an I-864 even if your income is $0. It has nothing to do with desperation; your husband's eligibility for a green card will not change because of your low income, so long as he has a co-sponsor.
You as the petitioner still need to complete the I-864 even if you have no income or your income is insufficient. Then the joint sponsor would fill out another I-864 as the joint sponsor and provide all his/her financial supporting documentation.