Do I need to fill out any paperwork before I search for a patent attorney? 2 Answers as of October 22, 2010

I want to patent a product, but do not know the first step. Should I search for an attorney, or are there any readily available forms I should fill out to prepare?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Devon & Associates
Devon & Associates | Marcia A. Devon
I generally recommend that inventors complete a "Testimonial of Invention" which helps the inventor document his/her invention process and which can be used in Court if there is a dispute over who is the first inventor. It also assists the patent attorney in determining the type of patent which is best under the circumstances, whether to perform a patent search, and to provide a quote for the client. I have attached the Testimonial of Invention to this email response for your use and you may also find it on my web site.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/22/2010
Kafantaris Law Group
Kafantaris Law Group | Theo Kafantaris
You should seek an attorney and he will provide all of the paperwork for you to fill out. Feel free to contact me for more information.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/22/2010
Click to View More Answers: