Do I need to file my divorce from abroad in the USA? Posted on March 22, 2011

I am a US Citizen born in Chicago. My ex-husband is from Brazil. He got his citizenship through marriage with me. We got married in Brazil over 20 years ago in Brazil, and now we are divorced. I want to know if that means that we are divorced here in the US as well, do I have to register the Brazilian divorce here?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: