Do I need to file a motion for reconsideration or an appeal? 1 Answers as of June 28, 2011

I recently went to court for a modification for child custody because my child's mom is trying to relocate to another state and basically alienate me from my child. She filed a counter claim/answer and she won. I read O.C.GA 19-9-23 and it states that she was not allowed to file a counter claim/answer in my proceeding and that she would have to file as a separate case in my county, not hers. If this is true will I need to file a motion for reconsideration or an appeal to have this order overturned based on this error?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ashman Law Office
Ashman Law Office | Glen Edward Ashman
This is the third legal website where you have asked the same question. As you were told on the other two (correctly), you have misread OCGA 19-9-23, and your pursuit of such an appeal could result in sanctions. As stated elsewhere, you needed a lawyer, and you need one now.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: