Do I need to file for full custody if there is no father listed on birth certificate? 2 Answers as of October 20, 2017

Do I have to worry if someone wants to try and claim my daughter is his? I'm not asking for support and do not want any problems with someone coming out of the woodwork. My daughter has been given my last name.

The situation in which you find yourself is precarious. The California family law philosophy is that the child has a right to know and (if appropriate) have a parenting relationship with both of their biological parents. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney in an office consultation to discuss the particulars of your situation to get a more thorough analysis of your case.
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
For you to file for custody orders, you would need to know the name and address of the father and serve papers on the father. If there is no person that has ever established any paternity rights, then you probably do not need to have any custody orders at this time. You may have a problem getting a passport for the child if there is no father.