Do I need to change my last name for my husband to get his visa? 5 Answers as of June 07, 2011

My boyfriend and I are planning to get married this year. I'm a US citizen and I still want to keep my own last name. Now my concern is if ever I will petition my husband do I need to change my last name in order for him to be granted a k-3 visa? and is it possible for me to change my marital status even im not using his last name?

No, you do not have to change your surname to your husband's in order for him to get a K-3 visa. And, yes, you can keep this surname and still marry the man.
NO you do not need to change your last name for your husband to get his visa. You never have to use his last name if you do not want to. Good luck!
You do not need to change your name for your husbands visa. While that is some evidence of a bona fide relationship, there are many other factors the Consular Officers look at to determine eligibility. Please see the attached list. Thank you.
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
At least in Texas, you can get married and not change your name. I have filed many immigration petitions where the parties have different names.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
You do not have to change your name. A K3 visa is not a good option, usually. A K1 or an I-130 are better options usually, depending on your situation and wishes for the wedding. Call me for a free consultation to evaluate your situation.