Do I need to be a US citizen to petition my wife? 5 Answers as of September 10, 2014

I'm still an immigrant. I stayed in the US for almost 15 years. I got married in the Philippines. Do I need to be a US citizen before I can get my wife? We are married for 2 years now.

It depends. Are you a permanent resident. The waiting period for visa availability for the spouse of a permanent resident is approximately 20 months. There is no waiting period for the spouse of a U.S. citizen.
No. You do not need to be a citizen.
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
With regard to getting married in the Philippines, of course you can sponsor your wife, even if you are an immigrant. The problem is that there is a long quota before she could immigrate. It is much better if you are a USA citizen when there is no quota at all.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
You need to be at least permanent resident. If you have a valid status in the US, you might get a dependent visa for her.
You can petition for your spouse if you are lawful permanent resident.